Holding sales people accountable for results is a challenging endeavor. Far too often, the sales person presents evidence of their activity as an excuse for their poor results. Although that can not be tolerated, it is incumbent on management to implement systems which focus the sales person’s time on activities that lead to productive results.
When you outsource sales and marketing to Synergy, each member of your sales team is held accountable on a weekly basis for reporting their results vs. plan for the previous week and their plans for the upcoming week. This system enables us to implement a culture of accountability where each sales person if focused on doing the right things the right way:
- Set Effective Goals: what constitutes an effective goal? First, it has to have a quantitative element – a number, a dollar amount, a percentage – that can be measured. Second, it has to be time-bound – weeks, months, quarters, years – when it will be achieved. Third, it has to be on a vital factor – a critical element of success for the business. Outsource your sales and marketing to Synergy and every member of your sales team will be focused on goals that with increase your sales results. Set a goal for yourself to Synergize Your Sales Now!
- Share the Responsibility: goals are a shared responsibility of management and the sales person. Management can neither dictate goals nor abdicate their responsibility and let the sales person set goals on their own. It’s a collaborative process that requires an ongoing conversation to help the sales person learn how their time management decisions have significant impacts on the achievement of their goals. Take responsibility today and Synergize Your Sales Now!
- Compare Performance vs. Plan: sales results, by themselves, are virtually meaningless. It’s only in comparing results vs. plan that we can assess whether those results are positive or negative. It’s incumbent on management to establish a regular weekly process for reviewing progress vs. plan with each sales person, analyzing those results and assessing the corrective actions that will improve results. As you analyze your sales results vs. your plans, your corrective action may be to simply Synergize Your Sales Now!
- Keep Score: sales results must be visible. Every sales person should know their sales results and their performance vs. their plan. Those results should be compared to other sales people and sales people should be ranked based on their performance. It’s all about results in sales and those results should be posted on the scoreboard just as they are in competitive sports. Put your sales results on the top of the scoreboard by Synergizing Your Sales Now!
- Take Appropriate Management Action: You have worked hard to recruit and train an “A” team of sales players. When performance starts to slip, it’s time for immediate action. Your sales person may need training, coaching, a pat on the back or a little KITA Motivation, but you must take action quickly and decisively. If their performance fails to improve, you must remove them from your team – because there is only room for “A” players on your sales team. Take the appropriate management action today and Synergize Your Sales Now!
Outsource your sales and marketing to Synergy Sales and Marketing and we will hold each member of your sales team accountable for improving your sales results.
FREE No Obligation Profitable Sales Growth Consultation
Call 1.888.748.4548 to Synergize Your Sales Now!