What is an “A” Player? According to Dr. Bradford Smart, author of Topgrading, an “A” player is someone who qualifies to be in the top 10% of available talent for a given position at the appropriate compensation level.
Although the benefits of having “A” Players on your sales team may be obvious, the importance of building a team of “A” players is reinforced when you consider the costs of a bad hire. Those costs include the costs of hiring; their compensation; extra costs to manage the person; mistakes, failures and missed business opportunities; as well as the costs of disruption when you have to sever the bad hire and start over again to find the right hire.
According to Dr. Smart, the average cost of a bad hire is 24 times their compensation! Hiring the wrong $100,000 sales person could be costing your business $2.4 million! How much is your current sales team costing your business?
When you outsource your sales and marketing to Synergy, we build a sales team of “A” players for your business! How do we do that?
- Develop results-based compensation packages: positions on our sales teams are results-based –low base with commission and bonus positions. Why? Because we only recruit sales people who play to win – and who expect to be paid for producing results. Are you ready to stop paying people for just showing up and start paying only for results? Synergize Your Sales Now!
- Define job criteria: the most common critical success factors in selling include prospecting, getting appointments, building trust, investigating needs, demonstrating capability, gaining commitment, follow-up service and earning referrals. Listing those factors in a job description is easy. Defining how we will measure success in performing these functions is what allows us to begin to separate “A” Players from the rest. Do you know what performance to expect from your sales people? We do! Synergize Your Sales Now!
- Determine candidate qualifications: in evaluating candidates, we go far beyond the typical assessments of knowledge, skills, experience and education. We explore six core competencies, assessing the candidate’s intellectual attributes, personal values, interpersonal skills, self-management capabilities, client leadership talents and inherent motivational traits. How would this level of assessment improve the quality of people on your sales team? You can find out by Synergizing Your Sales Now!
- Write great recruiting ads: when advertising a product or service, the best advertisements powerfully describe the benefits available to the buyer. When writing a recruitment advertisement, the same approach applies – you write ads that powerfully describe the benefits of selling for your company to attract the best candidates – the “A” Players. How do you write a great recruiting ad? When you outsource your sales and marketing to Synergy, you don’t need to worry about that – we do! Synergize Your Sales Now!
- Develop interview skills: two very bad things happen on most sales candidate interviews. First, the interviewer gets caught up in telling the candidate about the opportunity and fails to ask the right questions to assess the candidate’s competence. Second, the sales person sells the interviewer with their charming personality and effectively avoids revealing any flaws. Are you really surprised when that person is not an “A” Player? Our interview process gets at the core issues that uncover a candidate’s viability as an “A” Player – and your interview process can too when you Synergize Your Sales Now!
Outsource your sales and marketing to Synergy Sales and Marketing and we’ll get started on building your “A” sales team today.
FREE No Obligation Profitable Sales Growth Consultation
Call 1.888.748.4548 to Synergize Your Sales Now!