Synergy is a new idea. A completely new way of doing business. A new business model for a new world economy. So, when we talk to people/prospective clients about this new idea, this new way of doing business, some (not all thank goodness), are hesitant, confused, and resistant to change. If this is you then let me ask you, When confronted with a new idea, do you:
- Consider the cost of switching before you consider the benefits?
- Highlight the pain to a few instead of the benefits for the many?
- Exaggerate how good things are now in order to reduce your fear of change?
- Undercut the credibility, authority or experience of people behind the change?
- Grab onto the rare thing that could go wrong instead of amplifying the likely thing that will go right?
- Focus on short-term costs instead of long-term benefits, because the short-term is more vivid for you?
- Fight to retain benefits and status earned only through tenure and longevity?
- Embrace an instinct to accept consistent ongoing costs instead of swallowing a one-time expense?
- Slow implementation and decision making down instead of speeding it up?
- Embrace sunk costs?
- Imagine that your competition is going to be as afraid of change as you are? Even the competition that hasn’t entered the market yet and has nothing to lose…
- Emphasize emergency preparation and the expense of a chronic and degenerative condition?
As the great Seth Godin suggests… Calling it out when you see it might give your team the strength to make a leap.
Synergy Sales & Marketing is a Phoenix Arizona, results based sales and marketing firm who’s corporate culture is to empower, inspire and hand each and every team member their own personal paint brush, palette and canvass. Synergy’s collective experience includes the development and management of some of the largest, most successful sales forces in the U.S. for some of the largest, most successful companies in the U.S. – e.g., American Express, GE, etc. However, even if you are a start-up with a B2B product or service, and have considered outsourcing your sales and marketing, we urge you… stop thinking and start Doing! Contact us today for a free, no obligation scalability analysis. 888-748-4548 email@example.com.