Selling has many similarities to sports. In both, you must consistently execute the fundamentals to score.
- In football, for example, you need to consistently block, run, pass and catch to score – and simultaneously run, tackle, blitz and defend to stop the other team from scoring.
- In selling, you need to prospect, get appointments, build trust, investigate needs, demonstrate your capabilities, gain commitment and follow-up to win a new client – while ensuring your marketing positions your product’s benefits and pricing better than your competition to keep them from scoring.
If you consistently execute those fundamentals, a sales person has a chance to win the game, just like a football player.
An athlete practices and prepares much more than he or she plays the game. A sales person may participate in product training when they first join the company, attend an occasional sales training seminar or two, but they seldom work on the fundamentals. Few businesses are willing or able to invest time or money in training their sales people. Their sales people enter the game poorly prepared because they simply have not had enough practice time.
When you outsource your sales and marketing to Synergy Sales and Marketing, your sales team spends the necessary time on the practice field working on the fundamentals of selling. In addition to extensive training on your industry, products and services, we consistently work with sales team members in these areas:
- Prospecting: prospecting is everything your sales people do to make “first contact” with a decision maker and motivate that decision maker to take action and learn more about your products and services. Unfortunately, most sales people are “one trick ponies” – they have only one method of prospecting. Our sales people are taught to utilize a variety of prospecting methods, including cold calling, canvassing, networking, social media, strategic alliances, centers of influence and referrals. Would you prefer your sales people build their prospecting strategy on a diving board or a Parthenon of prospecting methods? Put your “one trick ponies” in the barn and Synergize Your Sales Now!
- Getting Appointments: gatekeepers, voice mail, no return calls, not interested, no, no, no! This is just ten minutes in the life of a sales person calling to schedule appointments with decision makers. What do most sales people do after ten minutes of failure and rejection? They check their email, get a cup of coffee, take a smoke break or anything else to avoid being rejected again. What do our sales people do? They dial again and again until they get an appointment with a decision maker, then they do it again and again and again! Make an appointment to Synergize Your Sales Now!
- Building Trust: do you know what radio station your prospects and customers listen to? We’ve already done the market research for you and are pleased to report that every single one of your prospects and customers listen to radio station WIIFM – what’s in it for me! It is human nature to think of ourselves first and others second. So, what radio station are your sales people playing when they meet with your prospects? Unfortunately, far too often they are playing their own radio station (let me tell you about our products and services), not the prospects (tell me about your business)! Would you like to change that behavior? Change your radio station and tune in to Synergize Your Sales Now!
- Investigating Needs: there are six magic words that separate the professional sales person from the amateur sales person. Do your sales people use these six magic words on every sales call? Have they made these six magic words part of their D.N.A. as a sales person? We embed these six magic words in the genetic code of every one of our sales people! What will it take – when will you start – how will you know – where will you begin – who will benefit – why would you wait to Synergize Your Sales Now!
- Demonstrating Capability: after a sales person has built trust and thoroughly understands the prospect’s needs, it’s time to present your products and services. Ready? Set? STOP! Before they open their mouth, you whisper in their ear, “Telling is NOT Selling!” What would they do now? Outsource your sales and marketing to Synergy and we will Synergize Your Sales Now!
- Gaining Commitment: in golf, you drive for show and putt for dough. In selling, the “dough” is reserved for CLOSERS – those special people who can gain the prospect’s commitment and turn them into a client. At Synergy Sales and Marketing, all of our sales team members are CLOSERS who know how to help people buy, easily overcome the temporary condition of “no” and ensure that the contract and the check are yours and not your competitors! Tee it up and Synergize Your Sales Now!
- Follow-Up Service: businesses lose 68% of repeat business from their current clients. Why? Sales person apathy. Sales people simply fail to follow-up after the initial sale to ensure your new client is totally delighted with your products and services and to build the relationship for future purchases and potential referrals. At Synergy, our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system ensures your new clients are not forgotten and our sales team members follow-up, follow-up and follow-up again and again and again! Don’t be apathetic – Synergize Your Sales Now!
- Earning Referrals: How do you get a referral? You start by asking. When do you ask? Often! How do you ask? Well, that’s a bit of intellectual property we’re just not putting out here in the public domain! What we can tell you is that if you outsource your sales and marketing to Synergy, your sales team will be generating endless qualified referrals for your business! Refer yourself as a prospective client today and Synergize Your Sales Now!
- Inner Game of Selling: you may see your best sales people as extroverts – people who really enjoy meeting new people and genuinely like spending time with people (as opposed to spending time with their computer). While that may be true, the irony is the amount of time sales people spend alone – in their car, on the phone or in their office preparing to meet new people. Guess what happens during that private alone time? Doubt. Fear. Confusion. Worry.
Sales people are people too, with all of the human frailties any of us experience, plus the added burden of constant rejection. At Synergy, we understand the often fragile egos of sales people and how to help them win the inner game of selling. If you are just not sure how to handle the peaks and valleys sales people experience, it’s time to Synergize Your Sales Now!
- Time Management: if we were to define actually “working” at selling as the time a sales person spends face-to-face with a decision maker, numerous studies tell us that the average sales person is “working” less than 90 minutes a day. Clearly, activities such as prospecting, getting appointments, follow-up and earning referrals are equally important, but don’t you want your sales people actually “working” – gaining the commitment of new clients – more than 90 minutes a day? Take control of your time and Synergize Your Sales Now!
- … and much, much more! We provide our sales people with individual online audio and video training, group training and the one-on-one coaching that takes them from where they are to where they need to be, as well as comprehensive use of our automated tools including the Landslide® Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System. That’s how we drive your sales results from where they are to where you want them to be! Get more sales for your business and Synergize Your Sales Now!
Outsource your sales and marketing to Synergy Sales and Marketing and your sales team will be continuously trained to ensure they are prepared to win the game for your business.
FREE No Obligation Profitable Sales Growth Consultation
Call 1.888.748.4548 to Synergize Your Sales Now!